“I work on projects when I have the time and can fit it in around my other commitments. I use some of my existing skills but I’m also learning new ones too.”
Heather, one of our volunteers
|– Variable (online possible), with monthly meetings taking place at Makespace, Oxford||– Free borrows|
Very varied, but might include:
- Planning community/ fundraising events
- Designing events that fit with SHARE Oxford’s vision
- Library and Repair Café promotion (social media, campaigns, copywriting)
- Representing SHARE Oxford at public events
- Work on the SHARE Oxford website and library back end
- Attending monthly meetings
We are looking for people to help to grow and develop the Library, find new users, publicise its efforts, etc.
- You will have some experience with working in support of a public-facing initiative
- You might have technical, design, or media experience
- You would like to use your existing skills and develop more
- You would be expecting a fairly flexible role
- You will be proactive and bring new ideas
- You want to contribute to a relatively new venture
- You need to be able to commit with a reasonable degree of regularity.
We have an approximately monthly meeting of volunteers, where attendance is encouraged, but not compulsory.
To get involved, please get in touch at:
or stop by during our opening hours to have a chat.
We are looking for: Marketing/Social Media behind-the-scenes Volunteers! We are looking for new volunteers to help spread the word about SHARE Oxford. These are largely remote and flexible roles with a wide range of possible regular, one-off, or more ambitious tasks. Click here for more detailed information.
More About SHARE Oxford & the Library of Things
SHARE Oxford aims to reduce waste and excess consumption through facilitating and encouraging sharing in the community. On the practical level this means having and loaning out useful items (‘Things’) at affordable rates, thereby helping people to buy less, store less, have access to more, and waste less.
However, we have a wider vision, that is to change individuals’ relationship with how they consume just about everything. Ultimately, we seek to challenge people’s perceptions of ownership and our relationship to the Earth’s resources, collaborate with like-minded people and groups, to inspire others to undertake similar initiatives, and to be part of a progression towards a healthier economy and society. We’ll know we’ve achieved this when the majority of people think “how can I share?” before
buying or disposing of anything.