This Black Friday – also Buy Nothing Day – for one whole week (26th November to 3rd December) we’re offering you the chance to enjoy one free borrow from the Library of Things – Oxford’s community sharing scheme.
Who can use this offer?
- If you haven’t borrowed from us before you’ll just need to sign up for membership to reserve your item (you don’t have to pay for this – but you will need to bring some ID as a first-time borrower).
- There’s no obligation to remain a member or borrow again (though we hope you will!)
What, any item?!
- Eligible items are any with a loan fee of £12 or less (that’s ~94% of our items!)
- Any item normally costing over £12 will be discounted by £12.
How many items? How long can I use them for?
- One free item per person
- If you borrow a few things together, the highest-cost item you borrow (up to £12) will be free!
- The free borrow applies for the standard loan period only (1 week for most items).
- If you need your item for longer you can renew but the normal fee will apply. Late fees apply to items not returned on time.
When can I book and collect my item?
- Reserve your item any time from now! Here‘s the catalogue.
- You must book to collect between *Tues 26th Nov* and *Tues 3rd Dec* to get the free item.
- Check our Contact page for our location and Opening Hours.
- As an extra opportunity for collection we will have bonus opening on Friday 29th November from 12 midday till 6pm.
How is the discount applied?
- The discount will be applied when you come to collect your item/s.
Any other questions?
Please contact us!