What is WISH?
WISH is a Climate Action Partnership looking to build infrastructure for the first truly circular economy in the UK. Following a pilot phase in Kidlington, supporting outreach and and practical solutions to reduce waste including direct redistribution and repurposing, WISH has now received £1.5m from the National Lottery Community Fund to expand this work across the county.
We are one of more than 30 organisations in the network, including Oxford United Football Club and Oxford University Development, Botanic Gardens, and Natural History Museum. The National Lottery Community Fund’s Climate Action Fund directly supports work by Cherwell Collective, Good Food Oxfordshire, Community Action Groups, Oxford City Farm, Thames Valley Environmental Records (TVERC), Wild Oxfordshire, Oxford Food Hub and us.
Achieving more together
Overall, WISH aims to improve infrastructure and increase transparency to support waste reduction and sustainable consumption. Whilst we will continue to focus on sharing and repair of household “stuff”, the network brings together experts in supporting nature, making great choices on food, creative use of waste, carbon literacy and more and will build an inspiring, more complete picture of sustainable choices we can all enjoy making.
SHARE has been granted £42k over the next 5 years, which we’ll use to:
- enhance our library of things and repair cafés
- help open more libraries of things and repair cafés, including reaching communities we don’t currently serve
- help build a map and calendar to make it easier to find sharing, repairing and second hand services and events in the county
- share findings with the network and impact evaluation team
- contribute to joint promotion of WISH work
We are thrilled to be involved and look forward to sharing news from the network over the coming months!