Borrower’s Agreement & Policy for the use of items
This agreement is make you aware of your responsibility to use items you borrow properly and our responsbility to ensure that you know how to use items you borrow.
- To borrow items from SHARE Oxford, you must registered as a member. Members must be aged 18 or over.
- Prior to borrowing items, all members must (a) complete a Membership Application; (b) sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form; and (c) have their residence confirmed by a SHARE Oxford volunteer or member of staff. Completing a Membership Application includes the completion of the Membership Application form and verification of the Member’s identity.
- Only the member is authorised to use SHARE Oxford items. The member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless with the express permission of SHARE Oxford.
- Members will be charged according to the stated rate for borrowing any item, and may also make a donation.
- All items borrowed are to be returned to SHARE Oxford by close of business on their Return Date.
- Members may renew each item if (a) the member contacts SHARE Oxford by noon of the Return Date, and (b) no other member has previously reserved the item. SHARE Oxford reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals. SHARE Oxford reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
- SHARE Oxford staff are available to assist in explaining operation of items. However, by taking possession of any item, the member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner and will do so in a safe and proper manner.
- SHARE Oxford will only be liable to you for loss or damage caused by our negligence in failing to tell you about a known fault. We will not be liable for faults of which we are not aware. Please see the liability waiver below. Other than this SHARE Oxford excludes all liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of contract. Note: because we are not a business, the risk to you is greater than if you were to hire any item from a commercial concern or were to buy it.
- The member agrees that SHARE is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed items. Each time you take an item out you must check it visually before you take it, and make other checks for any faults that you may be able to identify before using it. The member agrees that if any borrowed item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify SHARE Oxford.
- If you are borrowing electrical equipment you must check the visible wires and plug for any damage before use. If you are using the item outside, moving it about, or using it in circumstances where it may encounter water, anything sharp or other electrical wiring, you must use a circuit breaker.
- All items are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. All items must be returned clean. The member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept SHARE Oxford’s assessment of condition of items and to further agree to the SHARE Oxford’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total.
- If SHARE Oxford is not the owner of the item and only facilitates contact between you and the Owner, SHARE Oxford accepts no liability for the condition of any item or any loss or damage resulting from your use of it.
- If a member borrows an item and with our agreement passes it on to another borrower before it is returned to us and booked in, the first member remains liable for the return and condition of the object until it is returned to SHARE Oxford. If a member collects an item from another member with our agreement, the terms of this Agreement will apply.
I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of SHARE Oxford, and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I relinquish any and all claims against SHARE Oxford.