What are we looking for?
We are looking for a reliable and knowledgeable volunteer to support us in tracking, managing & reporting our finances, including tracking grant expenditure and everyday transactions from running our Library of Things and Repair Cafés. Some previous experience with financial recording and reporting is necessary.
We expect the role will take approximately 1 hour per week, but flexibility will be needed, as for this role, certain times of the year are likely to be busier than others. We have an informal organising group that meets approximately monthly at our base in Makespace (1 Aristotle Lane, Oxford). Attendance is encouraged, but not compulsory.
About SHARE Oxford & the Library of Things
SHARE Oxford is a community action group under the CAG Oxfordshire Network. Our mission is to work towards creating a culture of waste prevention and towards healthy economic production and consumption.
We run a Library of Things which was launched in February 2019. This enables people to borrow instead of buy items which are only occasionally needed, such as outdoor, domestic, cooking equipment and more. The Library of Things encourages – and facilitates – the avoidance of waste, and saves space, money, and the environment.
Ultimately we seek:
- to challenge people’s perceptions of ownership and our relationship to the Earth’s resources,
- to inspire others to undertake similar initiatives,
- to collaborate with like-minded people and groups,
- to be part of the progression towards a healthier economy and society, and
- to alleviate the modern day pressure on personal finances