“Everything is different. Learnt more in last 3 years than in my previous career.”
One of our repairers
|The Repair Cafés are currently on hold. But normally they are held on the first Sunday of every other month between 13:00 – 17:00 (Café starts at 14:00)||Makespace, Oxford||Share and extend your knowledge in : |
-Small electrical items/ mechanical repairs
-Bike maintenance/ repairs
- Repairing items brought into the Café
- Showing owners how to look after their items
- Working with other repairers
We are looking for people to help to grow and support the ongoing work of our Repair Cafés, joining our team of volunteers.
- You have a good knowledge of repairing some items
- You need to be able to communicate with visitors of the Repair Café – to see what the issue is and how best to resolve it
- You like working with people on repairing and maintaining their items, you’re enthusiastic
- It would be good if you were able to commit with a reasonable degree of regularity.
We also have an approximately monthly meeting of volunteers, where attendance is encouraged, but not compulsory.
To get involved, please get in touch at:
or stop by during our opening hours to have a chat.
More About SHARE Oxford & the Library of Things
SHARE Oxford aims to reduce waste and excess consumption through facilitating and encouraging sharing in the community. On the practical level this means having and loaning out useful items (‘Things’) at affordable rates, thereby helping people to buy less, store less, have access to more, and waste less.
However, we have a wider vision, that is to change individuals’ relationship with how they consume just about everything. Ultimately, we seek to challenge people’s perceptions of ownership and our relationship to the Earth’s resources, collaborate with like-minded people and groups, to inspire others to undertake similar initiatives, and to be part of a progression towards a healthier economy and society. We’ll know we’ve achieved this when the majority of people think “how can I share?” before
buying or disposing of anything.