As SHARE Oxford continues to grow, we’re excited to be hiring a Librarian to manage the site on Mondays. Reporting to the Library Manager and supported by volunteers, you’ll be responsible for the Library of Things on a Monday, helping us make hiring more accessible and building our city’s sharing community for the future. This is a great opportunity to meet people, have impact in the development of a small organisation and make a difference in your community.
Part-time, £12/hr, minimum 7.5hrs/wk with potential for more hours subject to funding.
Start date: early January
Location: Makespace Oxford, Jericho
- Manage a shift from 10:30am til 6pm on Mondays, preparing the reserved Things before we open at 12 and letting people collect and return Things from 12-6.
- Deliver a brilliant customer experience, offering friendly, helpful advice to help customers make the most of what they’re hiring.
- Supporting the Library Manager in improving our behind-the-scenes processes, particularly maintenance, finance and impact tracking.
- Coordinating volunteers on the day, supporting them in helping you and finding fun, interesting work in the Library.
Key skills and experience:
- Great customer service skills, both in-person and on email/online
- Comfort running all the library processes solo if necessary
- Organised and confident managing a small team
- Practical and willing to ‘get your hands dirty’
- Self-motivated, with drive and initiative to push the Library of Things forward and grow our impact
- A creative and decisive problem-solver
If you are interested in applying, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 1st December 2023