Next Repair Café:
**SUNDAY 18th October**
at Makespace, 1 Aristotle Lane
This event will offer:
*bike repairs* & *electricals*
Sorry — Now Fully Booked
The event will be outdoors, but seating, tea/coffee/cake, and toilet facilities will be available.
Please bring a mask as social distancing may vary.
Donations for both repairs
and refreshments are appreciated 🙂
Got things which need some TLC, are perhaps a bit broken and you haven’t had the time or skills to fix them yourself? Don’t throw them away, bring them to our repair café, and our volunteers will have go at fixing them.
In normal times, SHARE Oxford organises free Repair Cafés (donations welcome) at every first Sunday of every other month between 14:00 – 17:00, at Makespace Oxford. Currently, events are running outside of this schedule – please check this page for details of each upcoming event, subscribe to our email newsletter, or follow us on facebook or Twitter.
We can always use more volunteers to help organise, repair, and help out at our Repair Cafés. See bottom of page for more info..
We have a mix of expert and beginner repairers all willing to get stuck in so that they may keep their repair skills and knowledge alive, share it with us, save money and reduce our resource consumption footprint.
- Typical repairs offered: sewing/darning, bikes, electrical/electronic, mechanical and sharpening.
- While we get back into the swing of things, repair types may be limited to a smaller selection; see the booking form for details.
- At times we can also offer IT, jewellery and welding repairs. Use the button below to express your interest and let us know what you want to repair.
- Each person may only bring one item of each repair type. See below for more info about how it works.
- Please make sure your item is as clean as possible
- Even if your item can’t be fixed or you come along without anything to fix, you will still have a great time, meet new people and learn new skills. We also have coffee, tea and cake.
Click here for more details on our typical events (but note we are no longer running according to the schedule indicated).
How does the drop-in service work?
NB events are currently operating slightly different to normal and booking using the online form above is essential. We will assign you to a one-hour time-slot and our volunteers will do their best to see your item within that time. Some waiting may be involved so bring something nice to keep you busy!
It is very useful to have an idea of what items are likely to come in, so that we may prepare tools, or engage more volunteers if needed. Record your interest in bringing along one item to our next event via the button above.
If you’d like to hear about our events:
- subscribe to our email newsletter, follow us on facebook or Twitter.
- keep an eye on this website
- have a look for other Repair Cafés across Oxfordshire on this facebook page, the CAG network website, or Daily Info.
See our full FAQ here.
Volunteer with us
Whether you’re a professional repairer, a repair enthusiast, or you want to get involved in any other way, we’d love to hear from you!
For repairers, we check and trust that your interest in performing repairs relies on some degree of experience and knowledge. Before you volunteer with us, we will ask to what level you would rate your skills, and we would allow you to take the lead on a repair of a certain type only if you rate your skills as intermediate or above.
To express your interest or to find out more, visit our volunteer pages or send us an email at email@example.com.