15 January 2023 – Makespace, 1 Aristotle Lane, OX2 6TP – 2-5pm
Electrical, mechanical, sewing, darning & bike repairs
BOOK YOUR SLOT HERE
Follow us on facebook, twitter or instagram to be the first to know when these dates are secured!
Find other repair cafés on the Community Action Groups Events Listing
Got things which need some TLC, are perhaps a bit broken and you haven’t had the time or skills to fix them yourself? Don’t bin them, bring them to our repair café, and our volunteers will have go at fixing them.
We organise free Repair Cafés (donations welcome) on Sundays every other month, normally at Makespace Oxford. Dates and locations can change so subscribe to our email newsletter, or follow us on facebook or Twitter for the latest.
We have a mix of expert and beginner repairers all willing to get stuck in so that they may keep their repair skills and knowledge alive, share it with us, save money and reduce our resource consumption footprint.
- Typical repairs offered: sewing/darning, bikes, electrical/electronic, mechanical and sharpening.
- At times we can also offer IT, jewellery and welding repairs. We confirm this for each event when the registration is released.
- Each person may only bring one item of each repair type.
- Please make sure your item is as clean as possible
- Even if your item can’t be fixed or you come along without anything to fix, you will still have a great time, meet new people and learn new skills. We also have coffee, tea and cake.
Please use the online booking form to book your slot, which also gives us a chance to see what things people are bringing for repair, prepare our volunteers and possibly ask you questions up front to help us have maximum chance of success.
If you’d like to hear about our events:
- subscribe to our email newsletter, follow us on facebook, instagram or twitter.
- keep an eye on this website
- have a look for other Repair Cafés across Oxfordshire on this facebook page, the CAG network website, or Daily Info.
More questions? See our full FAQ here.
Volunteer with us
Whether you’re a professional repairer, a repair enthusiast, or you want to get involved in any other way, we’d love to hear from you. For repairers, we’ll run through your skills with you and introduce you to our safety procedures before unleashing you on any repairs!
To express your interest or to find out more, visit our volunteer pages or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More repairing resources
Check out their listing of all the repair cafés to find an ideal one near you.
They also try and keep a live listing of who’s on when on the CAG Oxfordshire events page.