All our Repair Café plans are on hold until further notice but we will resume as soon as circumstances allow – so hold on to your broken things!
To get the latest news, please subscribe to our email newsletter, follow us on facebook or Twitter.
Got things which need some TLC, are perhaps a bit broken and you haven’t had the time or skills to fix them yourself? Don’t throw them away, bring them to our repair café, and our volunteers will have go at fixing them.
SHARE Oxford organises free Repair Cafés at every first Sunday of every other month between 14:00 – 17:00 at Makespace Oxford. Donations welcome!
We can always use more volunteers to help organise, repair, and help out at our Repair Cafés. See bottom of page for more info..
We have a mix of expert and beginner repairers all willing to get stuck in so that they may keep their repair skills and knowledge alive, share it with us, save money and reduce our resource consumption footprint.
- Typical repairs offered: sewing/darning, bikes, electrical/electronic, mechanical and sharpening.
- At times we can also offer IT, jewellery and welding repairs. Use the button below to express your interest and let us know what you want to repair.
- We operate a drop-in service for one item. See below for more info about how it works.
- Please make sure your item is clean if possible (especially clothes!)
- Even if your item can’t be fixed or you come along without anything to fix, you will still have a great time, meet new people and learn new skills. We also have coffee, tea and cake.
Click here for more details on our events, and for a sharable PDF version of the poster.
How does the drop-in service work?
We offer a drop-in service with an interest list. Please note that this is not a booking system, and we can’t guarantee for your item to be seen. However, if you arrive early, are willing to wait for the duration of the event (bring something nice to keep you busy!) and if you register your interest, there is more chance of your item to be seen and hopefully repaired.
It is very useful to have an idea of what sort of items are likely to come in, so that we may prepare tools, engage more volunteers if needed, or to promote the service. You can record your interest in bringing along one item to our next event via the button above.
If you’d like to hear about our events:
- subscribe to our email newsletter, follow us on facebook or Twitter.
- keep an eye on this website
- have a look for other Repair Cafés across Oxfordshire on this facebook page, the CAG network website, or Daily Info.
See our full FAQ here.
Volunteer with us
Whether you’re a professional repairer, a repair enthusiast, or you want to get involved in any other way, we’d love to hear from you!
For repairers, we check and trust that your interest in performing repairs relies on some degree of experience and knowledge. Before you volunteer with us, we will ask to what level you would rate your skills, and we would allow you to take the lead on a repair of a certain type only if you rate your skills as intermediate or above.
To express your interest or to find out more, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.